Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by many different substances, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The leading place among this chic variety is taken by tiles imitating laminate. It’s manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. As a result of rich selection of textures and colors, such flooring appear magnificent and stylish, and fit with almost any style of room layout.
Benefits and disadvantages
The huge demand for flooring tiles under laminate is explained not only by their presentable appearance, but also by a number of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural solid wood, therefore it is often employed as the primary component for decorating flooring.
One of the favorable properties of the material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coating doesn’t wear off and does not lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- safety in application. The boards are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. Products are not afraid of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The substance is impermeable to water, so it is not a favorable spot for the creation of fungus and mold;
- excellent thermal insulating material. Such coatings are Acceptable for the system”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which at high temperature is able to conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles aren’t inferior to flooring made from pure stone or wood.
However ideal this material is, it isn’t devoid of disadvantages.
The primary disadvantages of synthetic laminate can include:
- The high price. The product, that may last more than a dozen years is expensive, but in performance, these prices are sure to pay off;
- low prices of sound insulation.
To date, tile below the laminate is produced of two different types: ceramic and ceramic stoneware. The very first version of the coat is acquired by the technology of monocottura.
This sort of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it is made from special types of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. The end result https://1popechi.ru/ is a durable and beautiful finishing material.
The 2 kinds of boards just replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but occasionally square ones are readily available.