Finishing putty can itself function as last decorative finish.
Its direct purpose is:
- Closing alignment of the face;
- elimination of minor flaws in the wall or ceiling;
- Strengthening the protective properties of the treated surface: water resistance, heat and cold resistance, resistance to mechanical stress and vibration, etc;
- giving the essential performance properties into the bottom layer, as an instance, plasticity, to prevent cracking.
- Improving the quality of their working surface after the previous rougher remedy and preparing it to additional completing;
- Giving the surface a decorative look, uniform coloration.
“Knauf-Multifinish glue” ready-made polymer filler 20kg
KNAUF-Multi-finish glue is a ready-made filler mix based on polymer dispersion with vitamin limestone additives and additives which regulate the properties of this mix.
It’s used inside for:
- Puttying the joints involving KNAUF-sheets with a bulbous edge (UC) and a straight cut border, in combination with reinforcing tape;
- Finishing puttying the joints and surface of KNAUF-sheets, inserted with the mix KNAUF-Fugenfuller or KNAUF-Uniflot, at the preparation of this surface for high-quality painting;
KNAUF-Multi-finish glue should not be used for sealing joints between hip noise absorbing gypsum boards.
- Doesn’t need mixing and aging;
- comes with an elastic consistency;
- fills the joints nicely;
- dries quickly;
- is easily coated;
- has a good adhesion to the substrate;
- includes a high amount of whiteness following drying.
Consumption of this filler mix is:
- After sealing the joints of KNAUF-sheets using a thin edge of this AC ~ 0.30-0.35 kg/m2
- at full puttying of this face with 1 mm coating thickness ~ 1.7 kg/m2
Procedure of works
The warmth of the base along with the space air must be at least 10°C.
KNAUF-boards have to be firmly constructed on the load-bearing frame, be sterile, warm and dust-free. Puttying the joints of KNAUF-boards should be created at the operational temperature and humidity conditions, after all work related to its changes, which excludes linear deformations of gypsum board sheets.
Large irregularities or damages must be emptied with KNAUF-Fugenfüller compound and dried.